Helping Manufacturer’s Meet Environmental Regulations
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO’s) from Ship & Shore Environmental meet the most stringent air pollution abatement regulations. Let our expert team of engineers help your company improve efficiency, performance, reduce greenhouse gases and regulatory issues.
Custom Engineered VOC Abatement Systems
If the EPA, SCAQMD, BAAQMD, TCEQ, or other air quality authorities require your organization to collect and destroy VOC emissions from manufacturing operations, we can provide you with the right equipment, specifically designed and sized, to meet the unique process conditions of your facility. Because we are not limited to one technology, we offer a broad suite of products and services, including CAD design, custom fabrication, and project management. By working closely with our customers we serve as an Engineering Partner to them. During the development of a design our goal is to offer a high-quality and reliable VOC abatement system for each unique application. Our team can provide complete support from initial concept all the way through installation and commissioning. For each project we utilize our expertise and experience to develop the best overall system. Factory trained technicians are available by telephone 24/7 to help service, troubleshoot and maintain these VOC abatement systems.
The Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO)
The Ship & Shore Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) converts volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into carbon dioxide and water. VOC’s commonly emitted by manufacturing operations are typically known as hydrocarbons, solvent fumes, halogenated hydrocarbons, hazardous air pollutants (HAP’s), and odorous emissions.
Typical Process Applications for the
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer include, but are not limited to:
- High flow rates & VOC concentrations of up to 25% of the Lower Explosive Limit (LEL).
- High VOC destruction rates from 96-99%
- Varying solvent mixtures and/or varying exhaust air volumes running on the same production line.
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer Capabilities:
- Heat recovery as high as 95%-97% may be achieved.
- VOC destruction rates from 96%-99%.
- Low NOx Burners
- Ability to handle chemicals in the solvent mixture with catalyst-destroying properties.
- Multiple-burners available: natural gas, propane, LPG, Low BTU gas, or fuel oil burners.
- Relatively little, if any, support fuel is required for most applications.